The Facts About Above Ground Swimming Pools
By: Glenn Whitehead
Above ground swimming pools have become increasingly popular in recent years for several reasons.
- Cost-With average costs for in ground pools ranging from $20,000 to $50,000; above ground or portable pools offer a low cost alternative.
- Easy Installation-Most of these pools can be fully assembled in hours, rather than weeks or months, without tearing up the lawn, taking out fencing, and the other problems of built in pools
- DIY Ready-These kits can easily be installed by the adventurous “do it yourselfer”.
- Portability-Unlike an in ground pool; they can be taken down and relocated if necessary.
Above ground pools come in a variety of sizes, shapes, materials, and price ranges, giving homeowners a nice selection to choose from.If you are considering buying one for your yard; there are some things you should consider.
- Hard or Soft Side-There are basically 2 types of construction when it comes to above ground pools.
- Hard Side-Which consist of steel, aluminum, or resin panels with uprights and top rails for support and a vinyl liner inside.
- Soft Side-Also called portable, these pools are constructed of a heavy polypropylene mesh liner, which is supported, by steel or resin legs and top rail. While many people believe there is more danger of puncture due to the exposed sides of the liner, this is the same type of material used in the making of bullet proof vests and it’s extremely durable.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both types. Many people feel that hard sided pools have a more permanent and attractive appearance. Others like the soft side because of the ease of disassembly for moving and storage purposes.
For a complete step by step manual for do it yourself swimming pool care and maintenance Click Here!
return to Swimming pools from Above Ground swimming Pools
go to YourselfHomeRepair.com homepage